Ciaron Rush is the owner of a little bicycle servicing business called Rushys. We got to spend some time with Ciaron to hear about who and what Rushys are.
As a young lad, way back in the early 90’s, a very young Ciaron Rush, with a passion for bicycles, became a qualified bicycle mechanic and immersed himself in all things bikes. Ciaron spent the next decade or so Mountain Bike Racing around the country when not on the tools in one of Queensland’s leading bike shops.
This passion led to Ciaron starting his own business in Adelaide in 2009 – Rushy’s Bicycle Servicing. His main aim was to offer cyclists of all types the highest possible level of customer service and attention to detail for all bicycle repairs.
The Rushy’s vision grew further in 2016 when another mad Queensland cycling enthusiast Leon Petrie joined the Rushy’s team bringing with him not only an advanced knowledge of bicycle repairs but a varied skill set including an engineering background, trail building with World Trail and experiences riding some of the worlds best cycling destinations.
Rushy’s now proudly serves in two locations; Gladstone QLD and Adelaide SA,
- Why Rushys Bicycle Servicing?
Rushys offer a very affordable repair service with personalised pickup and return back to your home or work at no extra charge. But wait, there’s more. They like to go that extra length because they are passionate about what they do and damn well proud of it too. I think we can tell from the lead in above that they are self-confessed bicycle nuts and probably a little too OCD with bike cleanliness as well, but they also like to leave no stone unturned so to speak when they have your pride and joy in the workstand.
They methodically pull apart, check, inspect, clean, service and lubricate their little hearts out. They do their best to return your bike looking and riding like new!
Even taking care of those annoying little bits of rust, replace some of those gnarly old bolts and place on those coloured alloy cable ends. It’s all part of the Rushy experience.
They generally don’t charge any extra labour for any new parts fitting they supply and are more than happy to fit your internet bargain bits for you, if you really really want to head down that road.
Some extra things about Rushys:
- They are proud dealers of Banshee bikes!
- They stock parts and accessories, and will track down that part if they don’t have what you need will attempt to get it in fast!
- They’ll help you source a second hand bike and help you filter out the lemons from the good deals with second hand bike inspections/reports, hell, they’ll even meet you at the sellers house!
- They do all types of bike fits, from the full bike fits for the roadies to proper suspension setups for the dirt warriors
- Custom wheel building
- Servicing and bleeding repair all hydraulic brakes
- They we facilitate suspension repairs and rebuilds?
- They play with electronic gear systems like Di2 and Etap As they say “if you have the money to buy that stuff we have the skills to repair/install it!”
- They facilitate frame re sprays? (They don’t spray them themselves, they get people in who know what they are doing – you wouldn’t want them try that one out)
Oh, and to quote Ciaron “we are two of the nicest most helpful, strapping, Intelligent, good looking red heads you will ever have the pleasure of dealing with! 😬👍”
Check out their FB pages and their many customer reviews, there’s a few decent reviews there. facebook-rushysadelaide
So, if you’re looking for a new service in CQ or in Adelaide, drop them a message, or heck, just drop in.
Thanks Ciaron, great to chat with you and all the best.