Normal transmission will resume shortly.
Sorry for the last few weeks, but we shifted house – still in Norwood, but closer to the city – and had a few dramas on the IT front. More details in next weeks posting, however we:
- booked in a transfer of services to our new house before the move;
- were promised by our ISP (iPrimus (bastards!)) a connection between xmas and new years
- chased iPrimus (bastards!) several times between xmas and ny to find out status
- were shafted by iPrimus (bastards!) because it was all to difficult “Infrastructure” issues
- were told by iPrimus (bastards!) to find a new isp
- contacted internode because the neighbour (who was also the builders project manager and moved in the same time we did (duplex)) had internode connected that morning
- were promised by internode to have the infrastructure issues sorted and connection up and running by the 8th
- were provided connection as promised, but……..
- modem died and couldn’t connect…….
- Bought new Fritz modem/router this morning and wallah!
Infrastructure issues were – the norwood exchange is a distance away, and there is a “booster” between us and the exchange full of Telstra equipment. Internode had to lease equipment from Telstra to allow for servicing of this neck of the woods.
I feel better now that I got that off my chest.
oh yeah, just one photo with this brief post.
Bloody lazy iPrimus (bastards!)