First week back, and LOVED it.
A climb up Norton on Friday morning, A climb up Greenhill on Saturday morning and a cruise with the B’s on Sunday – Tanti free!
Whilst I wasn’t on the rivet on the Greenhill climb, the legs were certainly complaining at the bus stop, and the time for the climb was some 25% longer than my best climb. Hopefully I can start to bring that down over the next few months.
The cruise with the lads on Sunday morning was just grand. The slagging started just as soon as half a chorum formed BV, and didn’t stop till we left the cafe. God I missed it.
One thing I did learn from Sundays cruise was that some of the nicks are looking a bit “tired”. Either that or the fabric is being stretched a little too far these days. Good job I was wearing the sunnies as the glare could have blinded me. Yeah, you can tell I was riding towards the rear of the pack.
Anyway, on the positive side, it did give me a little inspiration for this weeks posting – what are some of the nicks currently available?
More of that later.
Seven Deadly Sins
You may have heard that David Walsh’s book, Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit of Lance Armstrong, is being turned into a film.
The Irishman who works as the Sunday Times‘ chief sportswriter has previously penned L.A. Confidential: The Secrets of Lance Armstrong (in French) and From Lance to Landis: Inside the American Doping Controversy at the Tour de France.
The film will chronicle the period from Armstrong’s testicular cancer diagnosis in the mid-Nineties to the revelations over his use of performance-enhancing drugs.
Ben Foster will be playing the lead role of Lance. You may know Ben from his role in 3:10 to Yuma
Irish star Chris O’Dowd from The IT Crowd will play Walsh.
Filming began last Friday and will be shoot on location in France the UK.
The curiosity factor will be high on this one.
No doubt I will have missed many, and I haven’t touched clubs, cafes, Bike shops and numerous other sources of Nix.
- The next generation of knicks by Babici has taken a step forwards in every aspect.
- With a longer inseam,
- Longer external gripper,
- Latest Imerio II chamois from Dolomiti.
Price – $195
Ground Effects – Ringleaders
- Premium 4-way stretch nylon lycra bib cycle shorts
Price – $199
Velominati – Zwarte V-Bibs
- Dark design with orange accents and white panels. (The Zwarte V-Bibs are named for the Zwarte V-Jersey they are designed to be paired with.)
- Action™ micro fabric in the saddle contact area provides durability
- Flat-seam construction throughout short; No inner-leg seam
- Giro++ single-layer engineered gripper
Price – $200US
Classic FYXO bib
- Classic bib design features broad shoulder straps
- ‘Racerback’ cut
- Endurance CYTECH chamois.
Price – $189
Adelaide Cyclists Bib knicks
- 80% Nylon/ 20% Spandex (Lycra)
- COOLMAX Chamois (men’s and women’s)
- Flat lock seams.
Red Kite Prayer
- The kit is produced by Panache Cyclewear out of Boulder.
- Manufactured in Europe to Panache’s exacting specifications.
- The design was created by Joe Yule of StageOne Sports. Yule is best known as the designer behind the distinctive look of the Garmin-Barracuda and SpiderTech cycling teams.
- The bibs feature CyTech’s top-of-the-line pad and Power Lycra for muscle-supporting compression.
Price – $125USD
CervoRosso – Corsa MK3
- 3 Panel Lycra Construction
- All Black Flat lock Stitching
- NEW anti – abrasive Exterior Insert
- Saddle Slide Resistent
- NEW CORSA S3T Tech Insert
- Signature Cervo Rosso leg grippers
- Made in Italy
Price – 145Euro
Rapha – Classic Bib Shorts
- Rapha’s award winning Bib Shorts use the best chamois pad available and are made from a durable, luxury Lycra.
Price – $250
Ornot Bib Shorts
- Constructed from 7 panels of Nylon/Lycra
- Highly breathable bib top.
- The flat-lock seams are strategically placed for comfort and performance.
- The front is low to allow for cooling and maximum stomach breathability.
- The Pad features some cool tech that smoothes the transitions between the thickest and thinnest part of the pad which leaves you with a soft contoured edge to help eliminate hot spots.
- It’s covered in a Swiss antibacterial surface fabric designed to pull heat and moisture away from the skin and “rated” for 6+ hours.
- Designed in San Francisco and hand crafted in southern California.
Price – $140USD
Solo Lugged Bib Shorts
- Pressured and perforated channels create superb air movement keeping you cool and dry.
- Two layers of variable density open cell foam ensure you remain comfortable over the longest rides.
- Silicon leg gripper elastic
- Chamois (pad)
- Rear mesh pocket
- Lugged silicon label
- Solo label on leg
- Solo pip label on back of shorts
- Flat locked seams
Price – $140
Velobici – Van-Abel Bib Shorts
- Luxurious meryl/lycra bib short with UVA/UVB protection
- Top of the range antibacterial Airmesh pad for superior comfort
- Seamless silicone leg grippers
- Rosso red detail on the radio pocket binding
Price – $220
Giordani – FRC Bib Shorts
- FR-C Bibs utilize HC-44™ high compression fabric for precise fit, incredible performance and maximum comfort.
- A second fabric, Ametista, appears pinstriped due to the threads of carbon woven into it
- The carbon element controls stretch and reinforces the strength of the material, allowing it to be lighter, yet stronger
- Carbon has the added benefit of reducing electrical interference from cell phone towers and power lines that can negatively affect performance
- Ametista is utilized on the Giordana Core Contour System™ around the waist where it wraps internal organs with protective carbon, delaying the onset of fatigue
- Zaffiro™ is an anti-abrasion material used on inner leg and seat panels for durability and to minimize friction
- AeroLite™ is a new material used for the FRC cuffs. It is low profile and aerodynamic with interwoven silicone gripper threads
- Kite™ mesh panels around the core provide ventilation and evenly stabilize upper system
- MicroQuad™: New perforated bib straps made of a polyester microfiber elastic for softness, wicking and maximum breathability
- The FRC Bib Shorts also Four needle flat-stitched seams and reflective accents for visibility
- The FR-C Bibs feature Giordana’s newest top of the line Cirro OmniForm™ insert that comfortably contours to the body in motion and returns to its original shape after every ride
Price – $132
Capo – GS-13 Roubaix Carbon Bib Short
- V-Mesh 360
- EIT Insert: Anatomic 4G Carbon
- Temp Rating: 40-55 °F
- Made in Italy
Price – $250
- Body 72% nylon 28% spandex/ UPF 40 (Weight: 233 g/m2), Mesh 86% polyester 14% spandex, Aero panels 78% polyester 22% spandex/ UPF 54
- PRO Transfer Aero with In-R-Cool fabric provides aerodynamic benefits and optimal cooling with reflective sun protection, optimal cooling and reflective sun protection
- Cut: Form Fit, Flat lock seams for smooth interior construction, Anatomic multi-panel design
- Padding:PRO Seamless 4D Chamois, breathable 4-way stretch carbon yarn fabric to deliver ultimate comfort and thermoregulation
- Ventilation: Direct-Vent panels provide superior ventilation
Assos – .607 FI.Mille S5 Bib Shorts
- Campionissimo AEPD Racing regular fit
- S5 Mille Elastic interface insert
- 12 Panel construction
Price – $260
Castelli Velocissimo DS Bib shorts
- Fabric: Affinity Lycra Fabric
- Fabric Properties: Comfort and fit
- Cut:10 panel construction, Giro leg band elastic grips without binding, Mesh bib straps
- Reflectivity:Reflective band at back of legs
Price – $90
2XU Cycle Sub Bib Short
- Powerful high denier LYCRA® fibre from Invista plus KINETIC SUB fabric
- Sublimated Bib Short
- Optimal muscle positioning, stabilisation and supreme aerodynamics.
- Seamless gripper
- Fusion Pro 2 Chamois
Price – $260
Sportful Tour Bibshorts
- 8 panel anatomic construction
- Side panel in Matrix textured Lycra®
- Mesh bibs
- Jacquard elastic leg gripper with silicone pattern
- Reflective logo
- Bodyfit pro seatpad
Price – $80
MCipollini – FastLine bib shorts – C163401
Anatomic construction to have the best performances in short races; garanteed high adherence to the saddle thanking the bottom part realized in special fabric with “calandra” finish; the lateral microfyber and smooth lycra panels for the maximum transpiration and aerodynamic effect.
Price – 150Pounds
On sale – Not sure……
Adidas Supernova Bib Short
- Formotion – For better fit and greater comfort in motion
- Cyctech Endurance 2 seatpad – 6h+ padding with soft upper material for enhanced moisture management
- Integrated safety – Reflective silver three stripes and logos
- More comfort – Silicone leg grippers and breathable bib mesh.
Price – $96
Louis Garneau – Neo Power Bib Shorts
- 12-Panel construction contours to the body and enhances comfort while you pedal
- Thick power bands provide maximum muscle support with a performance fit
- No seam inside the leg means limited chafing and discomfort
- Low-profile, stretchy stitching of the flatlock seams reduces discomfort and enhances mobility
- Beveled Molding Edges in the new Airzone chamois uses high-density memory foam and increased number of vent holes for maximum comfort
Price – $140USD
Sufferlandria – National Team Bibshorts
- ‘The Sufferfest’ features on the sides and the Sufferface on the back serves as a mirror to the rider behind you.
- A discreet ‘Everybody Hurts’ on the back of the right leg offers a degree of sympathy to, and solidarity with, others.
- The fabrics provide a cool and comfortable feel with the same lightweight mesh as on the jersey sides for the bibs themselves.
- The ErgoPro chamois is a seamless, 3-layer, 4-way stretch, air-channeled pad.
- The thighs end with silicon gel gripper bands so they’re not riding up when you’re dropping it into the big ring.
Price – $85
Hincapie -Hincapie Arenberg Padded Bib Short
- Fabric Properties: Soft, supple, and highly abrasion resistant, the 4-way stretch Super Roubaix fabric insulates and wicks moisture away from the body
- Leg Length: 10 inch inseam
- Fastening: Full bib construction with locking front fly zipper for added comfort
- Padding: Anatomical Hincapie Power Chamois with E.I.T. Max fabric and perforated, high density foam inserts
- Reflectivity: Reflective seam treatment and logos for high visibility
- Protection: Thermal 5/5
Price – $112
Mavic Infinity Bib Shorts
- Precision engineered with rigorously tested materials, meticulously tailored and fine tuned details make this an exceptionaly high performance bib short offering optimal comfort, fit, moisture wicking and support.
- – Hot Ride: Cycling softgoods designed for optimal thermo regulation at hot temperatures (> 25°C/ 77°F).
- – Ergo 3D Ultimate Insert: The best in comfort, support and moisture management. Full 3 dimensional construction for exceptional fit. Highly breathable, antibacterial soft surface fabric with carbon threads for lasting comfort. Progressive cushioning with 3 different densities and 6 different thicknesses.
- – Ergo Bib: Extremely elastic open mesh bib with a fully seamless construction for support, comfort and breathability.
- – Ergo Grip: Unique double layer elastic mesh construction and silicone printing assure maximum grip, breathability and light weight feel. This solution provides just enough hold to keep the short in place. Benefit: better blood flow and better comfort.
- – Wick Matrix Power: A highly elastic fabric with excellent moisture transfer due to its composite knit that pulls moisture away from the skin. 72% polyamide, 15% polyester, 13% elastane
- – Carbon Power: Highly supportive, elastic fabric with Lycra Power and Resistex carbon fibers for improved muscle performance and moisture management. 62% polyamide, 36% elastane, 2% carbon fibers
Price – $200
Nalini Tucano Bib Shorts
- Tight-fitting, anatomic design, Lycra Power fabric that supports the muscles and is shock-absorbing. Superb elasticity – shape retaining, extremely durable and highly functional long-term.
- – Polyamide Elasthane fabric
- – Excellent moisture management
- – Breathable mesh straps
- – Abrasion-resistant groin area
- – Silicone grippers
- – UCN Ultra comfort chamoix pad
Price – $95
Santini BCool Mig3 Pad Bib Shorts
- Aerodynamic bibshorts in Lycra Newport fabric (78% Polyamide, 22% Elastane). Elastic and compressing to reduce muscle strain. Elasticated braces and breathable insert on the back.
- – Inserts on the sides in anti-UV rays and thermo-regulating Carbon fabric
- – Raw cut elasticated anti-slip Lycra band on the thigh that covers the muscles like a second skin
- – Temperature range: +15/+35
- – New MIG3 chamois, increadibly breathable with gel core in multiple density
Price – $170
Sidi Dino Bib Shorts
- 8-panel construction with Flat-lock stitching for extra comfort while riding
- – 8 Panel design
- – Flat-lock stitching
- – Reflective piping
- – Screen printed durable logos
- – Affinity lycra provides outstanding stretch and rebound
- – Classic gel gripper
- – Mesh upper bib for breathability
Price – $115
till next week