Victoria Park Criterium Track
News in from the Adelaide City Council, via the Port Adelaide Cycling Club facebook site.
- Always use the track in a clockwise direction (organisers of a closed event may change this procedure at their discretion).
- Cyclists are required by law to wear an approved bicycle helmet.
- Lights must be used before sunrise and after sunset.
- Watch out for other users and keep to the left if travelling slowly.
- Avoid sudden braking or direction changes, especially when busy.
- People using this facility do so at their own risk.
Previous Winners of the Elite Mens
Mens Team Time Trial
Womens Team Time Trial
U23 Mens Time Trial
Australia’s and Adelaide’s Damien Howson wins the U23 ITT
Junior Womens ITT
Tour of Britain
In a change from norm, the ToB had to contend with rain for most days, but that didn’t stop Sir Brad from taking the Motherlands Tour.
Photos from a mix of sources, including Steephill TV and CyclingTips (stunning photos by Kristof Ramon)
Well done Sir Brad
Greg Lemond v’s Lance Armstrong
“If Lance is clean, it is the greatest comeback in the history of sports. If he isn’t, it would be the greatest fraud.” (Greg Lemond – from bicycling).
“He’s destroyed people and if you go against him, he tries to destroy you. He’s been trying that for ten years with me.” (Greg Lemond – from cyclingnews).
Letting bygones be bygones and perhaps signaling a warmer relationship, Lance Armstrong’s Mellow Johnnys bike store in Austin, Texas will carry the new Lemond road bikes. (From twistedspokes)
Who would have thought!
Next we’ll hear is that Pat MacQuaid is out of a job!
Interbike is the largest bicycle trade event in North America, bringing together manufacturers, retailers, industry advocates and media to conduct the business of cycling. Established in 1982, the show gathers more than 1,200 cycling-related brands and more than 25,000 total attendees annually.
A few photos from this years show.
Personally, I think that the Eurobike, held a few weeks before Interbike, puts on a far better show.
till next week